Wednesday 14 April 2010

An audience with Sir John Hegarty

Creative Networks had a fantastic talk last month by Sir John Hegarty, advertising legend and guru extraordinaire, so I thought I'd share a few snippets from the evening. According to our host, Steve Smith, Yorkshire is expanding faster than any other creative region in the UK. The future really is creative!

Here are some fantastic advertising campaigns Sir John's been involved in over the years. These videos were posted on YouTube as a test-bed for market research - they got millions of hits!


Smirnoff Raw Tea Party Commercial (I really fancy a cuppa now;))

Life is Short - Xbox Commercial

Part-way through his talk Sir John made this statement:

"Technology has always been a spur to Creativity. Now more than ever."

Mixing Traditional Arts with Digital Technologies has been one of my obsessions for a long time now and I was so pleased when he said this. I wrote my last dissertation on this subject: 'The Fine Art of Multimedia Technology' and so I'm always fascinated to hear anything that uses the words 'Technology' and 'Creativity' in the same sentence. Creative peeps are so lucky to be living in a time when when we have these tools at our finger-tips. The computer has really transformed the way I work. All hail Creative Technology! :D

...and just to finish this post off with a few giggles here's a link to a cool flash website that Sir John's company worked on and was also featured on FWA.

MySpace Fan Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment :)